When you want to shop a ring online, it’s important to know your ring size. Of course, you can go for a one-size-fits-all ring, but let’s be honest, the pins at the back that stick in your hand are so annoying. A ring that fits you perfectly is so much better! Did you know that you can easily measure your ring size at home? We listed two tips to find your perfect fit!
1. Measure a ring that fits you perfectly
Do you already have a ring that fits perfectly? Then take this ring together with a ruler and measure the diameter of the inside of the ring. Make sure that you don’t include the edges! The number of millimetres is the ring size you should buy. Easy peasy, right?
2. Measure your finger
If you don’t have a ring that fits you perfectly yet, you can measure the circumference of your finger. Take a small strip of paper or a piece of string. Wrap it around the base of the finger you want to wear the ring on and mark where the paper or string overlaps. Measure the size of the paper or string with a ruler. This number in millimetres is the circumference of your finger. Now you need the conversion chart below to help you find the corresponding ring size. And you’re ready!
But before you actually start shopping, we listed some tips and tricks you should take in mind when you want to get an accurate measuring:
- Take into account that the ring has to go over the knuckle. If your knuckle drastically differs in size from the finger, you should measure the knuckle as well. Go for a size that falls in the middle of these two measurements.
- Every finger is different, so each finger can have a different size. Therefore, always measure your ring size on the finger you want to wear the ring on.
- Take the thickness of the ring into account. The thicker the ring, the tighter it’s going to fit. So if you have a very thick ring, go for a ring that’s half a size bigger than you usually wear. With a very thin ring, go for one that’s half a size smaller.
- If you’re in doubt between two sizes, go for the larger one, just to be sure.
- Measure your fingers when your hands are at room temperature, not when they are very cold or hot.
- Measure the circumference of your finger twice. Do this at two different times on two separate days.
Now you know what the right ring size is for you, it’s time to shop some new rings! We have many minimalistic variants in our shop, available in different sizes. After many requests, all our rings are now also available in size 19. This means you can now shop them from size 16-19. What’s also good to know, all our rings are made of stainless steel. So you can keep them on when washing your hands or taking a shower without fear of discolouration.VIEW ALL OUR RINGS
Do you already know your ring size, or are you going to use one of the methods listed above?